Buying from the USA and why it’s not easy!
Dates: on request
Booking and costs: on request
Location: by arrangement
Duration: tailored to meet needs
Having problems with your US Suppliers?
Are your deliveries being delayed due to export licenses being required?
Are you confused by the terminology?
This one day course will enlighten you!
Find out how goods are classified on both sides of the pond. Locate your products in UK and EU export control lists and then compare them to the US ITAR and EAR.
We’ll explain why you need to ‘know your customer’, how to get re-export/retransfer authorisation, what information/supporting documentation is required, what you can do to streamline the process and get your goods quicker!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone involved in the following activities:
- Sourcing product from the USA
- Using software or technology from the USA
- Supply-chain to OEMs especially in the defence and aerospace sector
- Working with US branches
- Logistics importing from the USA
- Prior knowledge of export control is not necessary.
- All delegates are invited to complete a questionnaire and/or participate in a conference call, to evaluate their knowledge and company requirements.
- Where possible, the course is tailored around the needs of the delegates
- Delegates will obtain an understanding of the controls, be able to locate their products on the control lists, complete practical exercises regarding what information is required for export licences and Customs control and, what the documentation requirements are for compliance and audits.
- Workbook with practical examples and templates of documents required for recordkeeping purposes.
- Hard copies of the legislation and licences are used in the training, all of these are supplied to the delegates on a memory stick.
- Lunch and refreshments are supplied throughout the day.