Get started with export controls
Booking and costs: Book here
Location: Oxford area, UK
Duration: 1 or 2 days
Increased security around the world means that more products and activities require licences. Let’s look at the ‘big picture’ and then explore real situations like: repair and overhaul facilities, avoiding delays and import duty, dealing with the US, relocating manufacturing facilities to other countries etc.
- Day 1 – UK/EU export controls
- Day 2 – US export controls (day 2 may be taken as a stand-alone course for delegates already familiar with UK/EU regulations)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone involved in the following activities:
- Suppliers to OEMs especially in the defence and aerospace sector
- Working with US suppliers/customers/people
- Sourcing product/software/technology from overseas
- Relocating manufacturing facilities
- Promoting trade from overseas facilities
- Repair and overhaul services
- Prior knowledge of export control is not necessary.
- All delegates are invited to complete a questionnaire and/or participate in a conference call, to evaluate their knowledge and company requirements.
- Where possible, the course is tailored around the needs of the delegates
- Delegates will obtain an understanding of the controls, be able to locate their products on the control lists, complete practical exercises regarding which export licence to use and what the documentation requirements are for compliance.
- Workbook with practical examples and templates of documents required for recordkeeping purposes.
- Lunch and refreshments are supplied throughout the day.
- Following the course, there are options to buy:
- Compliance Manual template
- Training slides to enable you to ‘spread the word’ in your company
- ‘Mentoring’ help-line. You can call or email questions to Elizabeth
- Ongoing Consultancy on an ‘ad-hoc’ basis to deal with problems or new opportunities